Sunday, February 16, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust.

Today I said goodbye to one of my absolute best friends of going on five years. That's a good chunk of my life, especially considering it was during the end of jr high, all of high school, and the beginning of college. Talk about the most important parts of your life!
This kid is Zachary Richard Beckstrand.
Haha I'll be the first to admit I was not originally a fan of this kid. He's got a strong personality.. I've got a strong personality.. You get the picture. But man I am so glad I let go of my first opinion and got to know this guy. He is hilarious. He is caring. He is a good listener. He doesn't judge. He doesn't forget the minor details that make the difference. His wink makes me fangirl (only for a second..) and his voice isn't too bad either.. Life with him has never been dull, that is for sure. He has been there for me during some of the hardest times and during the very best. Basically he is the best. I am going to miss his laugh and jokes and even when he demands hugs as he heads out to serve the Lord for the next two years. I have so excited for the adventures he'll have and the lives he'll change. Thanks for the long talks, hated tickling, laughs during yearbook, endless pranks and parties, flowers for my birthday, disneyland and lake powell trips, and never ending fun that accompanies being your best friend.
       

Oh, and did I mention he took my to the jr. prom on his birthday? Yeah. We were the hottest couple there. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Okay cool. Tribute to Zachary done now.

What else has been happening in life..
We went disco skating this week? Found out I am not very good at it.. Guess you can't win everything. 
This week our apartment complex also did the "polar plunge"
Basically that means for the small fee of signing your life away via waiver and risking hypothermia you get to jump into a practically frozen pool while is it about zero degrees and dark outside to swim a lap. In return you get infinite bragging rights and the bonus of an awesome free t-shirt.
Don't worry, I conquered the plunge. Basically was in, across the pool and back before I even let myself get cold. So fun. So worth it. 


Well. That's my life for now! A lot of school, saying goodbyes, hanging with family, and partying with friends. College is cool I guess. 
Love always, Aimee







No comments:

Post a Comment