Thursday, April 3, 2014

Come What May

So. I don't think I have ever mentioned this, but I teach Sunday school in my YSA ward.
It is actually mildly terrifying for me at times. But the Lord knows what he's doing, right? I must need to learn how to teach or stand in front of people or something. 
Anyways. Last Sunday the lesson had more impact on my life than usual so I figured I should share.

This is the main thought that I am getting from it:



I love this. It was said by Joseph B. Wirthlin and I suggest you go look up the full talk because it is phenomenal. 

I am thinking I will adopt this as my life motto though…

Come what may and love it.

Life is a rollar coaster. Really, every day can be a roller coaster. Ups, downs, drops you weren't expecting, sharp turns, maybe even a few moments where you are temporarily upside down and think you might just die. But that is the excitement and appeal of it!

Life can look like a mess to us. But I believe that is because we are not the creators here. Heavenly Father is the one in charge and the only one who can see the whole painting of our life. He knows the beginning and the end and everything in-between. It is so incredibly vital that we trust him with all our hearts and turn to him in everything. One of my favorite scriptures is in Alma 37:37 where it tells us to counsel with the Lord in all our doings so that he may direct our paths for good. 
He is there and knows the way. He wants to direct us, He wants us to enjoy our life and learn and grow. That is the whole point of our existence! 

During our hardest times and through the worst trials, Christ is by our side. He has been there before and will lead us through it if we allow him too. It really is just an issue of pride. People have gotten into this terrible mindset where they think if they admit to needing help they are weak. Or if they need to cry over something devastating they are lacking faith. THAT IS FALSE. It's okay to cry for a moment and take a breather. It's okay to accept help from others and ask for help from out Heavenly Father! We are just humans. All of us are just. humans. 

So. Stop trying to pretend like you can do anything and no one can touch you. Start turning to the Father and Son for strength. Because with God, anything is possible. And he wants you to feel the peace and joy that comes from having Christ as the center and anchor to your life..

So. Come what may and Love it. Because God is there with you and will direct you if you allow him. You will grow and become who he needs you to be. 
That's all for now.

Love Always, Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment