Monday, September 29, 2014

Dream the Dream

Double-posting today because I just returned from seeing Les Miserables in London's West End.

Guys.
Literally there are not words to describe the show. The music will be stuck in my head for the next few weeks and I am perfectly content with that. I thought it was fantastic and if I wasn't a poor college student I would definitely go again. And again. And then possibly even again.
You get the idea.


One of the best lines of the show is the end when they sing "to love another person is to see the face of God."

Please just re-read that and ponder it for a moment.

My cute cousin sent me a letter from her mission today and part of it read (regarding her companion), "The first couple weeks with her I thought I was going to die--she and I are just SO DIFFERENT and we were kinda driving each other nuts. But the more I understand about her, the more I've learned to love her. It's such a neat experience learning to love everyone."

From personal experience, I know exactly what she is talking about and know it to be true as well.
Everyone is so different; it is a truth universally acknowledged.
Another truth much less acknowledged is that even though we are all different, we can learn to love each other.
The more we are patient and kind with each other, the more we try to understand instead of judge, the more our love increases for the said person. When you see all parts of a person--their good, their bad, and even their ugly--you start to realize that they are just as human as you are. You start to realize that you can't possibly judge them for their decisions because they had good reasons and intentions behind them. You start to see how hard they are trying in their life. In essence, you start to see a glimpse of what Heavenly Father sees in us. You see potential. Most importantly: you start to truly love them, and when you truly love someone you really do see the face of God in them, if only for an instant.




So please; take the time to listen and understand those around you. You might just see the face of God while doing so. (Also go listen to the Les Mis soundtrack because heaven knows that is what I will be doing this week. Can't stop won't stop style over here.)

Just your typical Monday-night-thought provided to you by yours truly; the fruits of avoiding homework at its finest.

Love Always, Aimee

#sharegoodness


No comments:

Post a Comment